Soho Townhouse Restoration
This building was built in 1869 to house manufacturing tenants and is located in the Soho Cast Iron Historic District. During our conversion of the property to single family, we performed a complete exterior restoration. On the front facade paint was cleaned from the brick and bluestone banding and joints pointed with custom tinted mortar, new custom counter-weighted wood windows manufactured and installed, the existing deteriorated cornice was replicated out of painted galvanized steel, and a new painted wood and glass storefront installed based on historic photos of the original. At the rear, the brick was restored, windows replaced, and painted steel exterior fire shutters were replicated and welded in open positions. The project also features a new rooftop addition with a swimming pool on top of it, carefully configured to be minimally visible from the street.